Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mom Quotes


Motherhood is serious business and once in it, can cause a mom to second guess her original wanting to create further life outside of her own.  Every mom has her number. For me it was my third.  I already had 2 little ones, and now a newbie that would not let me put him down. Toss in the raging horror-monez of afterbirth and I was taxed.

I received encouragement from several girlfriends.  Some of their wise words, I will remember for a long time to come.

"...Some women are just built to have lots of kids and are better off for it...we should!"  
C. Hincy

"...I stopped trying to decide on the number of kids I will have, and now look at it like I am building something.  I am building a little community."  
L. Patricelli 

"...I am not going to lie.  Life is hard now,  (having a son with autism) and I understand what people mean when they say that.  I know that I am not in a position to have more kids at this time in my life; but know I will not be completed until I have two more." 
 S. Foote

"...I have to say I am having so much fun with my kids.  Everyday is so amazing watching them grow.   It is an honor to be their mom."  
L. Reed 

Thanks for providing the perspective ladies.  
The world needs more of the stuff you are made of.




4 comments:

Rozemary said...

Such good comments my dear. That is why we have friends right? To share in our moments and lift and inspier us. Well, some of the reasons we have friends anyways.
Your kids crack me up, I think we are going to raise funny children, that hopefuly turn into funny adults! Well, funny in the cool way, not the perverted, striped ball cap, chicken soup stained shirt, black socks and sandle kind of funny.. enough rambling.....

Rachel J. said...

You so silly! I had nothing to write about and just started to type in their babbling. I should make that a habit for blog entries. They make me laugh.
You are a fun friend.
Beautiful head shot of you!

Rachel J. said...

Ooops, I thought I was responding to a comment made about my Toddler conversation...
Yes, the mom quotes are from some gr8 ladies!

Rozemary said...

I have to say this.. I know it may come as come suprise.. but Rach... your sillyness.. it.. well.. it feeds my sillyness. I know, I know.. you are passed out on the floor after reading that.. but I thought you should know. There you have it, my deepest secret.
Can you tell I have had caffiene?
and can't spell.... lol